Sunday, July 5, 2009

Costume, help!

For the past two Halloween's, I have wanted my own Marie Antoinette costume. I have an obsession with Marie Antoinette, France, Versailles, Sofia Coppola's film, etc. I want a replica costume of something from the movie, but everything I have found is $1200+ and no way in heck can I afford that, unless I start a Halloween Costume Donation service, HAH! Do you guys have any ideas of how I can make one of these, or better yet, if you can make one? I can send you the fabrics, thread, bows, etc...and I will pay you! If anyone is interested, let me know! Here are some of my favorites!




5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I don't know how to go about getting one, but surely someone will. If you get it, I would love to see pictures. Her dresses are so pretty.

{Tara} said...

This is also one of my dream Halloween costumes! Have you ever thought of renting? Many cities have theaters and costume rental establishments that would certainly have something like this...let me know how the search goes!

Fox :::.... said...

This person here is a dressmaker. http://www.myspace.com/natanyabryant hope that helps.

Jessica Turnbow said...

Thank you so much! I love her stuff! :)

Poppy said...

Having a mother who is a professional costume maker, I have to say that $1200 is a reasonable amount for a dress that is well-made. It takes an awful lot of time and skill to make a decent period costume, and you will be paying for quality. If you decide to go cheap, it will be cheap-looking and not very well made, but I guess that doesn't matter if it's only for one night?