Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Diary of Anne Frank

I believe everyone should read the Diary of Anne Frank as an adult. I read it in Junior High and it forever touched me, right now I am reading it again and I am understanding more and learning much more by reading it at my age, It's much more than just a diary. Despite all of the horror going on outside of her window, she kept a sense of hope and I think that is one of the most important things we should posses.
There are places in life that stick with you forever and the Secret Annexe is one that will for me. The feeling in there is unforgettable, no words can really explain it. Anne Frank will always be one of my idols.
Some of my favorite quotes from the Diary;
"It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."
"I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains."
"How true Daddy's words were when he said: all children must look after their own upbringing. Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."

1 comment:

village of peace said...

i loved the diary. Used to read it again and again and keep the book near my bed I would read a page every day.